I’m very excited to have been presented with a liebster award by Ruth who writes the blog, Clarendon Spark.
‘Liebster’ is a German word meaning ‘dearest’ and the award, given by bloggers to bloggers, is an international way of recognising and promoting blogs.
In order to claim the award I’m required to fulfil the following tasks:
- List eleven random facts about myself
- Answer the eleven questions given to me by Ruth at Clarendon Spark
- Set eleven new questions for my own Liebster Award nominees
So for the random facts about myself…hmmmm…is this where I realise that I’m actually quite boring?!?
- In my ‘real’ non blogging life I’m actually a GP!
- I have two cats called Rolo and Molly and they’re a pair of mischievous little things, always bringing me ‘presents’ of half dead insects and rodents.
- I love photography and am obsessed with taking photos of water ( the sea, waterfalls etc) not the water in a sink obv!
- I love reading – but I’m afraid to say its all crime fiction and chick lit – nothing highbrow!
- While we’re on the entertainment subject, I admit I’m a sucker for reality TV shows
- Apart from Big Brother – I hate Big Brother!
- I long to travel more – top of my list is Canada
- I met my husband very randomly 12 years ago in a club in Birminghan called Snobs which will be notorious to all those Brummies out there!
- I prefer savoury food to sweet food
- I love eating out (no surprise there eh?)
- I would like to own some chickens!
Next up, here are my answers to Ruths questions:
1. Why did you start your blog?
My husband and I decided on our honeymoon that because we loved eating out so much we wanted to start keeping a record of where we ate and what we ate, so we could look back in years to come, and this evolved into being a blog of all things food related!
2. How did you pick your blog’s name?
When I started the blog, the idea was that my husband would do some writing too, so The Foodie Couple seemed a logical choice, but actually he just eats a lot and gives me his thoughts now, but I like the name and don’t want to change it.
3. What one piece of advice would you give to newbie bloggers?
Don’t get into blogging because you think it’s going to get you free stuff – thats whats known as a blagger. Do what you love and then write about it, rather than looking for things to write about because you have to.
4. Which of the blog posts you’ve written is your favourite?
Probably my first ever post about the restaurant L’enclume – still our favourite ever.
5. What do like most about living in Leicestershire?
Well, I don’t quite live in Leicestershire, I live just over the border in Staffordshire. But the best thing is the semi rural environment – access to the beautiful countryside on my doorstep but also only 20minutes from the centre of Birmingham.
6. What is your favourite Leicestershire restaurant?
I’ve not been to that many, so I’m going to go for the Pizza Place in Loughbrough – Peter and thats enough.
7. If you could do any job for the day which would you choose?
I’d love to be a professional restaurant critic or alternatively a sports reporter for Sky!
8. What single quality do you most admire in other people?
9. If you had a time machine, which year would you travel to?
I would travel back in time to the 70’s so that I could meet both my grandfathers that died before I was born.
10. What’s the scariest thing you’ve ever done?
Virtually every activity I did whilst in New Zealand for a few months in 2006 – Sky Diving and Bungee Jumping to name just two.
11. If you could have any superpower what would you choose?
Ooh this is a tough one. I think it would be to read other people’s minds.
So now I get to nominate some blogs that I love to read, for a Leibster award too. So the lucky few are;
- Elizabeth at The Food Tourist
- Julie at Julies Family kitchen
- Laura at Full to the Brum
- The Edinburgers
(Surprise surprise, they’ve all got a foodie theme!!)
And these are my questions for you all!
- What is your favourite place in the world?
- What would your last meal be, if you were on death row?
- Would you rather live in the city or country side and why?
- Describe yourself in 3 words
- What would be your ideal job?
- Which 3 famous people would you invite for dinner, living or dead
- What kind of music do you like?
- Cats or Dogs?
- What is your guilty pleasure?
- If you were a Disney character, which would you be and why?
- What inspired you to start blogging?
I look forward to reading all your posts guys!
And seeing as this post is all about me (or mostly!) please follow me – I’m all across social media on Twitter and Facebook, or just follow my pics of food and cats on Instagram and my wish lists on Pinterest!