So you probably know by now that hubby and I love our wine. We certainly don’t claim to be experts but we have been trying to better our knowledge by attending events such as this Wine Tasting class a year or so ago and have even reviewed some wine on the blog a couple of times. So when I heard about the English Wine Takeover I was pretty intrigued. During English Wine Week (22nd-30th May) Birmingham will host a series of events to bring English Wine to the forefront including;
- Loki Wine, 26th May – English Wine Vs The World how do our grapes stack up?
- Loves Restaurant, 23rd – 31st May – throughout the week Loves will offer a special tasting menu and discounts on English Wine
- Hotel Du Vin ‘Meet the producers’, 22nd May – a selection of producers come to Birmingham to host a night of wine tasting and talks
As well as this is a flagship event on May 23rd – The Producers Festival at The Bond. Producers from across the country will be travelling to Birmingham to show off their wines. Some of the biggest names in English wine production will be in attendance alongside the smaller producers. Highlights include;
- Nyetimber ( I’m pretty excited about this as I LOVE their sparkling wine. I first tried it in 2012 at L’enclume and have been hooked ever since!)
- Biddenden Vineyards
- Three Choirs
- Hush Heath
- Sixteen Ridges
- Taste the Difference – hosted by English Wine Producers we explore the differences between bubbles – prosecco, cava, champagne, English sparkling wine
- Producer led tasting flight – learn the finer details of producing English wine
- The difference a glass makes – learn how the glassware you choose changes the taste of the wine
I’m really excited about this and hoping to attend one or more of the events, so if you a wine lover, check out the links above to find out more!