As biscuits go, shortbread’s one of my favourite and this is a nice twist on the classic. They are really light, have a crumbly texture and are perfect with a cup of tea. The best bit is that they are so quick and easy to make.
Makes about 40.
- 200g softened butter
- 50g icing sugar
- 50g golden caster sugar
- 200g plain flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 100g oats
- extra caster sugar for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC
- Cream the butter and sugars together in a large bowl until light and fluffy.
- Sift in the flour and baking powder, then stir through the oats and bring together to form a dough
Cover the dough with cling film and roll into a log shape and chill for 30 minutes int he fridge
- Remove the cling film and slice into 5mm rounds. Sprinkle with extra caster sugar and place on a lined baking tray and bake for 15minutes until pale golden brown
Happy eating 🙂