On 15th May we spent the evening once again at the 6/8 Kafe at Millennium Point, where we had previously been to the Two Cats Roaming Pop Up. It is fast becoming a hot spot for Pop Up restaurants with several lined up over the next couple of months!
On this particular night we were there for En Place – a trio of Worcestershire based guys looking to make their mark on the food scene. Serving up a menu of ‘seasonal and local produce’ their aim is ‘to create elegant food that is affordable to everyone.’
The menu on the night consisted of:
- Snacks – Goats Cheese Gougeres & Pork Belly with Gremolata
- Veal Tongue, Toasted Sourdough, Sauce Gribiche
- Mackerel, Pickled Radish, Samphire, Tomato Water
- Roast Chicken Thigh, New Potatoes Glazed with Thyme + Marmite, Peas
- Lemon, Meringue, Iced Tea
- Retro Petit Fours – cola jelly, walnut whip and lemon sherbert
We really enjoyed the evening and the food and it was clear to see the passion that was put into it, even more evident when talking to the guys after the meal.
Particular stand outs were the whole of the mackerel dish – beautifully clear tomato water and sharp pickled radishes, the moreish thyme and marmite potatoes and crispy chicken skin on the main and the iced tea granita on the dessert course. The menu was nicely balanced and flowed well, with some innovative techniques and quirky elements on offer.
The menu cost £35/head for 5 courses and was BYOB. Follow them on twitter to catch news of further Pop Ups – their next ones are 11-12th June!
Disclosure: We paid in full for our meals