Well this year just seems to be flying past doesn’t it. We’re now into September and this year the Midlands has seen so many new openings and the odd few closings as well as huge array of fantastic events.
Here’s just a few more things coming up over the next few months.
Mushrooms markets in Stratford Upon Avon
Autumn is nearly here and it’s time to go mad about mushrooms with Carluccio’s Stratford upon Avon. To celebrate the mushroom season, Carluccio’s will host a dedicated market stall opposite the restaurant on Waterside on 18th and 19th September and on Bridge Street, Stratford Town Centre with special dishes available in the restaurant throughout Sept & Oct.
The Carluccio’s market stall will offer a selection of fresh, dried, wild and cultivated mushrooms alongside a range of delicious street food-style dishes.
Birmingham Chilli Festival returns for 5th year
Chilli-lovers from across the city are being invited to take part in the annual chilli eating competition as part of this year’s Birmingham Chilli Festival at Brindleyplace.
Now in its fifth year and free for everyone to attend, the Birmingham Chilli Festival sponsored by Dares – a resurrection craft beer from Davenports – will return on Saturday 19th September, taking place in Central Square at Brindleyplace, with the hotly anticipated chilli eating competition kicking off at 3pm.
Entries are now open for the competition which will see 20 brave contestants battle it out to be crowned the Chilli King or Queen of 2015. To make it to the next round, each contestant will have to consume a whole chilli (ranging from the humble bell pepper to the hottest chilli in the world, the fearsome Carolina Reaper), with participants who are unable to complete the challenge eliminated, until just one brave person remains.
Will you take on the challenge?
Opus Group Events
There are many exciting events coming up across the Opus Group in September inlcuding
- Laurent Perrier Champagne Dinner at Opus – 25th Spetember
- An evening with Chase Distillery at Bar Opus – 12th September
- Low n Slow Collaboration continues every other Friday night at Bar Opus – expect mouthwatering food from Chef Andy Stubbs
- Cocktail Masterclasses – every Saturday evening from 6pm
- Cafe Opus Caribbean BBQ weekender 26th-27th Spetmeber
For more information on any of these events and more check out the Opus Websites.
GUARDIAN LIVE EVENTS
The Guardian is rolling out a programme of nationwide events celebrating food, drink and culture under the umbrella of ‘Guardian Local’
SPICE CLUB POP UP COMES TO BIRMINGHAM
Since its humble beginnings, The Spice Club has gone from strength to strength. Monica’s supper club events have continued to grow in popularity in Manchester, and with a three-month reserve-queue, you have to be pretty lucky to get to go! There is always an eclectic mix of attendees at Monica’s events – previous esteemed guests have included the Michelin Star chef Aiden Byrne and Lasan’s Akhtar Islam.
The demand is going to be high, and places will be limited so those wanting to book are encouraged to do so as quickly as possible. Places can be booked here: http://www.designmynight.com/birmingham/whats-on/food-drink/the-spice-club. 10% of all sales are donated to charity.
- Carluccios to open a new site in Grand Central Birmingham
- Chi Kitchen to open in the Debenhams Bullring – a new Pan Asian dining concept created by the owner of the acclaimed Mango Tree, Belgravia.
- Meating, Arcadian Centre expect rare breed steaks, the best burgers, kebabs, all cooked on a bespoke charcoal BBQ
- Celebz Diner – an All American Diner, with milkshakes, build your own burgers, southern fried chicken, and an extensive waffles and sundaes list for dessert.
- Tapas Revolution from Omar Allibhoy to open a new site in Grand Central Birmingham.
- Las Iguanas , the much loved South American Chain is set to open another branch in Coventry City Centre
Anything else you’ve heard on the grapevine? Let me know!!