It’s no secret cocktails are a favourite thing of mine, and recently I’ve tried out a recipe for pink grapefruit margaritas and of course, drunk my fair share. So when thebar website got in touch asking me to try out one of their recipes I was in cocktail heaven browsing through their wide selection of classic concoctions.
I decided to put my own spin on the timeless White Russian. The White Russian first came into its own during the 1970s, alongside other sweet, creamy drinks like the Grasshopper and also features in the cult classic The Big Lebowski from the Coen brothers starring a lovable slacker known as ‘The Dude’, who drinks White Russians throughout the film.
I wanted to lift it a little so have given it a cinnamon twist with cinnamon sugar around the rim of the glass and a cinnamon dusting for extra sweetness. For me this would be the perfect indulgent after dinner treat.
Either serve short or in a martini style glass.
Ingredients (makes 2)
- 100ml Smirnoff 21 vodka
- 50ml Baileys Coffee Cream Liquer
- 100ml Cream
- Cinnamon sugar (3tbsp caster sugar, 1tsp cinnamon powder mixed together)
- Extra cinnamon powder and sticks to garnish
- In a cocktail shaker add the vodka, liquor and half the cream to a few cubes of ice. Shake well until cold
- Dampen the rim of your glasses and then dip the rims in the cinnamon sugar so that dusts the edges of the glass.
- Strain into 2 glasses and then top with the remaining cream
Dust with cinnamon powder and garnish with a cinnamon stick. Enjoy!
Happy drinking 🙂
Disclosure: This post is in collaboration with thebar.com. All views are my own. Plus, as much as I love cocktails, I am drink aware, so please don’t indulge too much!