Sometimes we all want dinner with minimum hassle and effort. It’s all too easy in these situation to reach into the freezer or dial up your favourite takeaway. But in an effort to do this less, its great to have some recipes up your sleeve that don’t require too much input, and also don’t result in much washing up!
This Chicken and Sweet Potato recipe cooks all in one-pot so definitely delivers on this! Theres no finesse or precision involved. Roughly chop all your veg and potatoes, toss in the spices top with chicken and bake in the oven! I love Spanish flavours and this recipe has lots of these – the pimenton being the integral part. It’s gets in about 4 or your ‘5 a day’ too which is a bonus! You could add some chopped chorizo in too to ramp up those flavours even more. Yum
- 2 chicken breasts or 4 chicken thighs
- 2 sweet potatoes – chopped into wedges
- 1 green, red and yellow pepper – roughly chopped
- 1 white or red onion peeled, quartered and the petals separated roughly
- 1 red chilli, sliced
- 10-12 cherry tomatoes
- 3 garlic cloves, roughly chopped and peeled
- small handful fresh oregano leaves, finely chopped
- 1.5 tsp pimenton or sweet smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp chilli flakes (optional)
- pinch salt pinch cracked black pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- First mix the pimenton, oregano, chilli flakes if using, salt and pepper together. Sprinkle about half over your chicken and leave aside.
- Put all the chopped vegetables, garlic, tomatoes and potatoes into a large shallow roasting dish. Drizzle over the olive oil and the remaining half of the spices above.
- Roast at 200 ºC for 20-25 minutes.
- Stir the veg around then top with the chicken. Cook for another 15-30mins depending on the cut and thickness of the chicken. With chicken, don’t take any chances, cut into the chicken and ensure cooked through before serving.
- Serve on its own, or with extra green vegetables on the side.
Happy eating 🙂
Little Sunny Kitchen – MIDDLE EASTERN CHICKEN POTATO BAKE
Munchies & Munchkins – SIMPLE CHICKEN TRAYBAKE
Tinned Tomatoes – VEGGIE SAUSAGE LENTIL AND RED PEPPER BAKE
Gingey Bites – ROASTED RED PEPPER AND TOMATO BAKED FETA
Elizabeths Kitchen Diary – PEPPERPOT STEW
Tin & Thyme – CHEESE AND LEEK BREAD PUDDING