A milkshake. Indulgent. Naughty. Bad for you.
But every so often everyone deserves a treat right? American style thick shakes are becoming more common in the UK, particularly at burger joints like Byron and Diners like Eds Easy Diner. For me they’re more like a pudding than a drink to accompany a meal but boy are they good. You might need to avoid all sugar related items for a month after but occasionally its worth it!
A while ago we tried some fab shakes at Le Keux Salon in Birmingham, who offered some fab flavours, and this inspired me to have a go at home. Toasting marshmallows is always fun and their sticky gooey sweetness is fab!
Milkshakes like this are so easy to make too – just pop everything in a blender! Try these at home for an indulgent treat this weekend!
Whats your favourite milkshake flavour?
Makes 1 large shake
- 4 scoops vanilla ice cream
- 100-200ml semi skimmed milk (depending on how thick you like it!)
- 4 toasted marshmallows (pop under a hot grill for a couple of minutes – don’t leave them -they will burn!)
- toppings – marshmallows, chopped nuts or what ever you like!
- Mix the ice cream, milk and marshmallows in a blender. Serve and top with some yummy toppings!
Happy drinking 🙂
If you like the look of these try out some of these other indulgent milkshake recipes:
Double Chocolate and Irish cream milkshake by Munchies and Munchkins
Indulgent Chocolate Milk by Tin & Thyme